Dispute Resolution and Legal Support
Football Queensland recognises that not all clubs will have access to resources that can provide specialist administration support in times of need. We are able to assist clubs in these areas by providing:
- A registered Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) to provide assistance in resolving disputes & member protection support; and
- Access to resources and services (e.g. financial and legal support) that are out of the reach of smaller organisations.
A component of every player’s registration fee contributes to both the players Personal Injury Insurance and also the General Liability (Public and Products Liability), Professional Indemnity; and Management Liability insurance of their club and competition administrator.
Provided by the Football Federation Australia’s Insurance Program, Personal Injury Insurance provides basic levels of cover for players and others participating in Football for:
- Permanent injury or death cover;
- Non-Medicare Medical Expense cover; and
- Income replacement cover.
It is not all encompassing (this is necessary to keep the cost of insurance affordable for players) and does not seek to replace the need for private health and other insurances. Football Federation Australia strongly recommend that all players and officials take out separate Private Health Insurance and/or Personal Income Protection, Life Insurance and Trauma cover to meet their individual needs.
The cover for players Clubs and Competition Administrators provides:
- General Liability to protect the player, their club and their competition administrator for legal liability for compensation arising from personal injury or property damage;
- Professional Indemnity to protect the players club and their competition administrator for legal liability for a breach of professional duty in the sport by reason of an act, error or omission committed by or on behalf of the club and competition administrator; and
- Management Liability to protect the players Club against legal actions or civil proceedings made against their Club or its Officials for any wrongful act, employment breach and/or employee fraud.
For more information on what is provided, refer to the FFA National Insurance Programme website.
FOOTBALL QUEENSLAND MEMBER BENEFITS PROGRAM
In 2015, Football Queensland launched the FQ Member Benefits Program that aims to rewards players, coaches, referees and volunteers just for registering. Members have access to great savings and deal nationwide to help as well as earning rewards for their club at the same time.
Football Queensland has partnered with international sports apparel brand Kappa, the iconic football kitwear provider as the preferred apparel supplier for the state’s governing body.
Kappa Australia produces uniforms for amateur and semi-professional clubs around Australia and New Zealand. The biggest club has over 2,500 players and the smaller clubs have less than 100 players – no club is too small to be important.
With a choice between A-league standard garments, matching those of Kappa’s Bundesliga and Serie A teams; or the less technical, affordable garments for community clubs, you can’t go wrong. Every kit is built with the same quality Kappa DNA.
Put your team in 100% sublimated jerseys with your unique team design, logos, names and numbers. Or simply customise Kappa4Team garments, which run from youth size 6 to adults size 3XL available in 7 colours.
Kappa keeps stock on hand so that turn-around times are as short as possible.
Football Queensland is delighted to have teamed up with the state’s number one source of news, sport and entertainment, The Courier-Mail in a boost for the grassroots game.
The unique partnership adds to an exciting future for Queensland’s community clubs and the wider football family as the renowned News Corp masthead builds on its support for The Beautiful Game.
The Courier-Mail will give $50 to each registered participant’s club of choice on purchasing a new subscription.
Whether you’re a player, coach, referee, volunteer or club member of any kind, you will also receive exclusive access to 50% off your subscription for the first 12 weeks*.
Football Queensland members can join The Courier-Mail in scoring goals for football by subscribing at www.couriermail.com.au/football
Simply enter your club’s name during the easy sign-up process to ensure they receive the $50!
Oaks Hotels & Resorts
Football Queensland has welcomed leading accommodation provider Oaks Hotels & Resorts to the football family as our Official Accommodation Partner.
Founded in 1991, Oaks Hotels & Resorts is a Queensland success story, having grown from its original Sunshine Coast location to a portfolio of 56 properties spanning five countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and most recently India.
Oaks Hotels & Resorts has plenty of great benefits for Football Queensland’s clubs and participants!
Here are four ways to take advantage of football’s special relationship with Oaks:
1. Special pre-sale access and offers for Football Queensland members
2. Save 15% off when you stay at any Oaks use FAFFQ17 promo code
3. Discounts on any fundraising functions held at Oaks properties.
4. Save on your team’s end of season trip. Choose from Port Douglas, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & more. Find your destination!
For more information on Oaks Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.minorhotels.com/en/oaks/
Are you looking to secure a home, personal or business loan?
As part of the Football Queensland Member Benefits Program, registered members across the state can help their club financially by applying through the Nexus Partners Benefits Program Bank On Your Club.
If you or someone you know successfully applies for a loan over $50,000 through Nexus Partners, your club could be eligible for a financial contribution simply by mentioning them during the referral process.
Nexus Partners – partnered with most leading banks in Australia – is a financial referral company which refers loan applicants to the lending institution of their choice.
CLICK HERE to begin the referral process and be sure to mention your club!