Football Queensland has finalised arrangements for the remainder of the 2021 season for all NPL, FQPL and Metro Brisbane competitions following the suspension of football due to COVID-19 restrictions in South East Queensland.
Where possible, fixtures for Brisbane competitions will remain on the day and time as per the original schedule prior to the suspension of football.
Catch-up rounds have been moved to the end of the season in line with feedback from clubs and the original season calendar.
The rounds impacted by the suspension of football due to COVID-19 restrictions are scheduled for October 1. Clubs may choose to bring these games forward to be played mid-week (if possible for both teams) to assist in the completion of the season by the earliest possible date.
City Leagues (and Round 15)
Round 15 will be the first scheduled round when City Leagues, U18’s, U20’s resume play.
There are a number of outstanding fixtures due to Covid restrictions. This round will also accommodate split competitions and catch-up games. City League seasons will be extended and finals included as per club feedback.
Brisbane Semi Finals will be held at the higher placed team venue.
Preliminary Finals for Capital League and Premier League competitions will be removed in 2021 as per club feedback.
Grand Finals for Capital and Premier League competitions will be held at a neutral venue while Grand Finals for all other competitions will be held at the venue of the highest place Semi Final winner.
Finals Series Structure
Semi Final 1 – 2nd vs 3rd
Semi Final 2 – 1st vs 4th
Grand Final – Highest Place Semi Final Winner vs Lowest Place Semi Final Winner
Cup Finals will be completed in 2021, with matches scheduled for mid-week. Dates for these matches will be communicated to relevant clubs shortly.
Senior competitions will proceed as follows:
- NPL Men’s First Grade will be extended by four weeks, with catch-up matches prior to the current suspension of football to be played mid-week.
- NPL Women’s First Grade will be extended by two weeks, with some rounds played on the weekends of Kappa Women’s Super Cup matches.
- FQPL 1 and 2 First Grade will be extended by three weeks, with catch-up games to be played mid-week.
- FQPL Women’s will be extended by four weeks, with no Finals Series.
- Under 23s and Under 18s in the NPL Men’s, NPL Women’s and FQPL competitions will follow the First Grade calendar for each competition, including the Finals Series.
Kappa Women’s Super Cup and FFA Cup
Fixtures will remain as scheduled, with NPL Men’s and Women’s matches for participating clubs rescheduled to mid-week.
The NPL Boys competition will finish a week earlier than originally scheduled, with three weekends of a Mini-Series format to be played following the competition’s return with Round 7.
The NPL Girls competition will be extended by a week and will feature one double header weekend, with the final round to be played on the first weekend of school holidays.