1. By entering and/or participating in the Football Queensland (FQ) Australia Day FIFA Tournament, each participant acknowledges and agrees to be bound by and to comply with these Competition Rules.
2. Football Queensland reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend these Competition Rules at any time before or during the competition. Any such amendments will become effective and binding on each participant upon publication to footballqueensland.com.au/aus-day-event
3. Any matter that relates to the FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament in any way that is not provided for in these Competition Rules shall be determined by Football Queensland in its absolute discretion.
4. All participants under the age of 16 must have parental/guardian consent to participate in the FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament.
5. Participants must only play FIFA 22 with the Online Gamer ID (PSN/Xbox Gamertag) they specified when registering.
1. The FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament will be run in two competitions, the PS4 competition and the Xbox One competition.
2. The tournament will run for one day in a Knockout style format, with the winner of each match progressing through to the next round.
4. Each fixture will consist of one leg only. If scores are level at full time, players will replay the match until a winner is decided at the completion of the match.
1. Ahead of the first round, players will be drawn against an opponent by randomisation with the pathway to the Grand Final also determined.
2. The opening round match must be completed between 10am and 12pm on Wednesday, 26 January 2022. Any games played before this will not count.
3. Every round’s fixtures will be displayed on the Battlefy platform for the respective competition.
1. For every fixture, both competitors are required to make contact using the tournament Battlefy platform and adding each other on their rspective Xbox Gamertags or PSN, as listed on Battlefy. There is a 30-minute timer for both players to make contact with their opponent and set up a game. Failure to do so will result in a loss to the player not checked in. The two players must then communicate to arrange an exact match time (within 1 hour of their previous match). Players must ensure their console privacy settings are set to public, so their opponent is able to find them when searching for their Gamertag/PSN ID.
2. The player listed as the ‘home’ team on Battlefy is responsible for setting up the match on FIFA22. Both players are required to message they are ready at least 5 minutes before the scheduled match time.
2. Immediately at the end of every match, the winning player is required to submit the result (within 15 mins of match concluding) in Battlefy for Football Queensland to validate.
3. The winning player must submit at least one clear photo showing the full-time score. This photo should contain: the score, the team names and the Gamer ID’s for both players. Click here to see an example of what photo we require.
4. If a result is not submitted, submitted after the deadline or submitted without a clear photo, the result may be a forfeit for one or both players and one or both players may be excluded from of the tournament.
5. Football Queensland may take whatever action it deems necessary if there is a dispute about the result.
6. If someone deliberately submits the wrong score, the player in question is immediately disqualified and excluded from the tournament.
1. If a match is not completed before the deadline, the result will be recorded as a forfeit for both players unless:
- The failure to complete the match is not the fault of one competitor in which case a forfeit will be entered for the other player (3-0 loss); or
- The failure to complete the match is not the fault of either competitors in which case Football Queensland may provide an extension of time in order to complete the match. In this instance, the winner of the match must contact their next opponent immediately to organise a match time for the next round.
2. In a match where players experience an internet drop-out, the following will apply:
- Football Queensland will evaluate each individual case and decide the outcome based on the evidence provided from both players.
- In this instance, one or both players must contact Football Queensland immedietly via email@example.com or through the Battlefy webapp through the “Report” feature and provide as much detail as possible as to the situation surrounding the internet drop out.
- If both payers wish to replay the match, the result at the completion of the replayed match stands.
4. If a player intentionally quits mid-match, they will receive a forfeit as their result and may be disqualified from the tournament.
5. A player must contact Football Queensland immedietly and include a photo for evidence (if possible) for these reasons:
- If a player cannot get hold of their opponent before the deadline to organise a match time;
- If the opponent does not show up at the proposed match time; or
- If the opponent intentionally quits mid-game
1. Each player is responsible for ensuring that they have access to the required equipment to enter the tournament.
2. Every player must compete using the latest version of the FIFA video game series – FIFA 22.
3. Every player will require either an PlayStation 4 or Xbox One based on the competition which are entered. If playing on a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S, you will be required to use the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version of FIFA 22. Both versions are available through the purchase of the “Ultimate” version of the game.
4. Every player must have an active online account with either Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network, depending on the platform chosen at the time of registration.
5. Every player is responsible for their own connection and must have a good internet connection to avoid possible ‘lag’.
6. Football Queensland will not provide any of the required equipment and is not responsible for damage to any of the equipment.
1. The settings for each match are as follows:
- Game Mode: Online Friendlies
- Match Length: 12 minutes (6 Minute Halves)
- Difficulty: World Class
- Match Speed: Normal
- Squad Type: Online
- Injuries: On
- Offside: On
- Handball: Off
2. Players may select any club side that competes in any country’s league (such as Manchester United) or an international side (such as Australia). Players cannot use FIFA 22 generated squads (such as the Classic XI) or FIFA Ultimate Team squads. Players cannot use modified players, including created players or players with altered stats (such as players with 99 ratings) or modified teams, including moving players to other teams (such as Messi playing for Liverpool). Players who are caught cheating will be disqualified immediately, and disciplinary measures will be taken.
3. The player assigned as the ‘home’ team must pick their team kit first. The kit chosen for the ‘away’ team must be a clear contrasting colour. Both competitors in a match may select the same team, however must choose different coloured kit.
1. The competition may be live streamed on a competitor’s personal Twitch or YouTube channel, but the title of the stream must be:
FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament [competition name] [Knockout Round] – [Player 1 gamer ID vs. Player 2 gamer ID].
- Example: FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament Xbox Round of 32 – player001 vs. Player002
- Example: FQ Australia Day FIFA Tournament PS4 Quarter Final – player001 vs. Player002
2. Football Queensland may live stream matches via its website and Twitch channel. Players will be notified if their match will be live streamed.
3. Football Queensland may approach individual players and ask for their cooperation with facilitating live streams.
1. Players are encouraged to record and provide highlight clips from their matches to Football Queensland. The footage will be used to create highlight reels, goal packages, funny videos and more.
2. By providing footage of their match, the player gives consent to Football Queensland to use their footage to promote the Australia Day FIFA Tournament across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and the Football Queensland website.
3. To record a clip, make sure your PlayStation or Xbox have the clipping features turned on and set to approximately 30 seconds. It is best to clip after the event has happened.
- For instructions on clipping on Xbox, click HERE.
- For instructions for clipping on PlayStation, click HERE.
5. When submitting your videos, please make sure to include your name, Xbox Gamertag or PSN, console/ division, and opponent’s Gamertag or PSN.
6. Do not provide full match replays unless asked by Football Queensland.
1. Competitors should be aware that the Football Queensland Code of Conduct and the Disciplinary and Grievance Regulations apply to this competition.
2. Football Queensland may also take action if it has reason to believe that any conduct bringing the tournament into disrepute has taken place.
3. If a participant makes hurtful, offensive or racist expressions towards his/her opponent, they will be immediately disqualified, and disciplinary measures will be taken.
4. Bad language and/or threats will result in an instant disqualification.
5. In cases of fraud and/or cheating, a participant will be disqualified immediately, and disciplinary measures will be taken.
6. Players can report bad behaviour or hurtful, offensive or racist expressions to Football Queensland via firstname.lastname@example.org.