Football Queensland is seeking a qualified football coach with education, administration, and operational experience to fulfill the Whitsunday Coast Zone’s Club Development Ambassador position, based in Mackay.
The successful applicant will take a leading role to grow the sport in the region and deliver improved technical services for clubs including talent identification and game and coach development. The Club Development Ambassador is expected to build capacity within community clubs and increase the technical knowledge of coaches in regional programs (i.e Skill Acquisition Phase and Talent Support Programs).
The Club Development Ambassador – Whitsunday Coast (CDA WC) role is a full time position responsible for the delivery and support of the coach, talent and club development aspects of Football Queensland’s Strategic Plan.
The successful applicant will take a leading role to deliver improved technical services for clubs in the Whitsunday Coast Zone including coach and talent identification, oversee community and advanced coach development to increase the technical knowledge of coaches in club and regional programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Club Development Ambassador (Whitsunday Coast) will be required to:
- Plan, schedule and drive club development to build coaching capacity within (assess club’s current capacity and create detailed plans to improve their coaching services)
- Assist clubs to identify and up skill suitable coaches with football knowledge
- CDA Whitsunday Coast to build coaching capacity within zones and Talent Support Programs (planning, workshops, live assessments)
- Management of community and advanced (if qualified) coach education in the region, including planning, preparing, and delivering programs in line with Football Australia requirements and FQ’s strategic goals
- Broadening the coach developers’ network across the zone with ongoing formal and informal PD opportunities for instructors
- Creating a coach mentoring network and developing knowledge sharing initiatives (informal education) and post-course follow up workshops.
- Manage, plan and oversee Football Queensland’s Whitsunday Coast based talent programs (Skill Acquisition Program and Talent Support Program) and work toward our vision to create a Northern High Performance Centre
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships and communication with all stakeholders, including but not limited to; club officials, administrators and coaches
- Actively contribute to FQ’s quality control procedures from a coaching perspective (National Club Development Program compliance, Technical Assessment, SAP rating, Player ID) in accordance with the policies, principles, and practices of the organisation
- Assist the operation of FQ’s events, especially SAP and TSP local, regional and State-wide carnivals
- Assist the State Technical Director, Lead Club Development Ambassadors in Coaching and Talent roles and the QAS Academy lead to constantly review playing and coaching pathways and make sure the department is meeting the agreed performance measures in line with FQ’s Strategic Plan.
- Pay special attention to the growth opportunities in women and girls’ football to create a legacy for Australia as a co-host nation of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023.
Experience and Skills
To be the right fit for this role you will have:
- AFC B or A license or FFA recognised equivalent
- FFA community coach developer experience (advanced instructor qualifications is an advantage)
- Work experience in regional football environment
- Clear understanding of FA’s coach education system from a technical and administrative perspective
- Football knowledge and playing/coaching experience
- Experience working in the area of community and talented player/coach development
- Experience in the establishment and ongoing management of coach/athlete development programs under the current FA National Football Curriculum
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and execute tasks and projects through to completion whilst meeting deadlines, balancing competing demands.
- Ability to work with limited direction to initiate procedures
- Adaptability, enthusiastic and motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Can think strategically and encourage stakeholder collaboration
- High level communication skills particularly presentation skills and the ability to teach and inspire others
- Ability to mentor technical staff and coaches and provide leadership and direction
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Sports Management / Physical Education or other sport related tertiary / university degree
- Experience in working with volunteers
- AFC B or A licence
- Football coaching instructor experience
Some must haves for the successful applicant include:
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children check)
- Current first aid certificate
- Current and valid driver’s license
- The right to work full time within Australia
If you are enthusiastic, proactive and a passionate football technician with the ability to inspire players and coaches, then the Club Development Ambassador role may be for you.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and covering letter in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 29 September.