Western Pride Football Club is currently seeking applications to fill the position of Under 23’s FQPL Head Coach. This is a casual opportunity from January to October.
Western Pride Football Club is based in Ipswich, with facilities at Raceview and Springfield. We provide football development pathways for children and young adults throughout the Western corridor of Brisbane and Ipswich.
We are a proud member of the Everton International Academy Affiliate Programme. The programme allows select football clubs around the world access to year-round support from a world-renowned football organisation.
Our aim is to compete at the highest level of football in Brisbane and Queensland, becoming the club of choice for aspiring footballers. We need the highest quality coaches to achieve this aim. As such, the successful candidate will plan and implement high-quality coaching, training and mentoring for our Under 23 squad. The successful applicant access to a highly specialised football curriculum, led by an experienced and successful Technical Director.
The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, deliver and regularly evaluate a training program aligned to the club’s curriculum, with weekly sessions
- Conduct a competitive trial process, managed at a club level
- Maintain regular and effective communication with players, including detailed records and assessments of player performance both in training and at matches
- Maintain strong relationships with Technical Director, Football Operations Manager and Senior FQPL Head Coach
- Support relationships with schools and school sports associations
- Adhere to delivering excellent customer service in a family-friendly environment
- Attend any club based events and support the planning/preparation of these events
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current FFA/AFC ‘C’ Licence or above
- Exceptional Technical Football ability with experience as a football player
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of delivering insightful feedback to individual players and the team as a whole to ensure a trajectory of sustained improvement
- Proven leadership and decision-making capability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and sound organisational and planning skills, complemented by attention to detail
- A passion for sporting achievement and a personal commitment to excellence
- A commitment to contribute to the development of the Western Pride family culture
- An ability to work collaboratively with other coaches and support staff to ensure sustainable capability development
- Western Pride FC Technical Director
- Western Pride FC Football Operations Manager
- Host Club/Venue Management
- Western Pride FC Admin Staff/Volunteers
Remuneration will be discussed with successful applicant at the time of employment. The remuneration will consider travel time, time spent on administrative tasks and set up time.
How to Apply
- A detailed CV outlining experience and skills, including 3 referees
- A cover letter detailing suitability for the position
Applications can be sent directly to Western Pride’s Football Operations Manager via email@example.com. Applications close Monday 21 December 2020.