Football Queensland is looking for a football loving, self-aware, solution-based, detail-oriented person with administration and competitions experience to join US!
Football Queensland is the governing body for the sport in Queensland. A member federation of the FFA, over 75,000 players, 1400 referees, 3000 coaches and countless volunteers participate in Football throughout the state, annually. From as far north as Cairns, West to Cloncurry and Mt Isa, East to Wide Bay and South to Coolangatta, Football Queensland provides direction and support in the delivery of competitions, procedures, operations, and positive football experiences.
Football Queensland is an inclusive, safe, exciting, and engaging place to work. Employees are valued and involved in decision making processes. Staff breakfasts, team building activities, professional career development, competitive salary, progression, and further supplementary offerings are available. Support in personal development opportunities and being part of the football family are integral to the organisation’s ethos.
About the Role
As a Competitions Support Officer, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties including supporting the delivery of Football Queensland competitions and managing a variety of administrative tasks.
This is a probationary six-month full-time agreement with the scope to move to permanent full time.
To be eligible for this role, you must demonstrate:
- A familiarity of the sporting landscape (Ideally Football as well as the Governance, Administration and Competition structures operated in Queensland).
- Proven knowledge of competitions with core functions including fixturing, referee appointments, results and ladder updates, policies and competition and disciplinary regulations.
- A clear ability to organise and plan a work calendar, operate autonomously, take initiative, find solutions to problems, work through established processes and a desire to progress your professional career.
- A basic understanding of Queensland’s unique geography.
- An ability to pick up, learn and utilise new programs of a competition or sports administration nature such as Play Football, Sports TG, TMS, Schedula, Horizon et.al
How to Apply
Applications for this role have now closed.