1. By entering and/or participating in the Football Queensland (FQ) E-Series, each participant acknowledges and agrees to be bound by and to comply with these Competition Rules.
2. Football Queensland reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend these Competition Rules at any time before or during the competition. Any such amendments will become effective and binding on each participant upon publication to footballqueensland.com.au/e-series/.
3. Any matter that relates to the FQ E-Series in any way that is not provided for in these Competition Rules shall be determined by Football Queensland in its absolute discretion.
4. All participants under the age of 16 must have parental/guardian consent to participate in the FQ E-Series.
5. Participants must only play FIFA 21 with the Online Gamer ID (PSN/Xbox Gamertag) they specified when registering.
1. The FQ E-Series will be run in two divisions, one for each platform. They will be the PS4 Division and the Xbox One Division.
2. Each division will be divided into a Junior and Senior age competition. The following table details the year of birth applicable to the age-eligible divisions of the Competitions. Players must be within these ranges in order to be eligible for each competition.
|Junior Competitions (Xbox/ PS4)||For players born in 2004 and after|
|Senior Competitions (Xbox/ PS4)||For players born in 2003 and before|
3. The FQ E-Series will include the following four competitions: PS4 Seniors, PS4 Juniors, Xbox Seniors and Xbox Juniors.
4. The tournament will be a Knockout style format, with the winner of each match progressing through to the next round.
5. Each fixture will consist of one leg only. If scores are level at full time, players will replay the match until a winner is decided at the completion of the match.
1. Ahead of the first round, players will be drawn against an opponent by randomisation with the pathway to the Grand Final also determined.
2. Round deadlines will be at 11:59pm on Sunday and Wednesday every week. Each fixture must be completed and result submitted by 11:59pm on the deadline day.
- The deadline date/time will be displayed for each fixture on SportsTG.
- The following round’s playing window will start the day after the previous round’s deadline once Football Queensland publishes the results of the previous round.
- Each round should be played within the window prior to the deadline, as per SportsTG. Players must only play one match per window.
1. For every fixture, both competitors are required to add each other and make contact using their respective Xbox Gamertags or PSN, as listed on SportsTG. The two players must then communicate to arrange an exact match time. Players must ensure their console privacy settings are set to public, so their opponent is able to find them when searching for their Gamertag/PSN ID.
2. The player listed as the ‘home’ team on Sports TG is responsible for setting up the match on FIFA21. Both players are required to check-in 5 minutes before the scheduled match time.
2. At the end of every match, the winning player is required to fill in a Result Submission Form and submit to Football Queensland for validation.
3. The winning player must provide various pieces of information on the form, including their competition name (eg. PS4 Juniors), Round number, the gamer ID of both players and at least one clear photo showing the full-time score. This photo should contain: the score, the team names and the Gamer ID’s for both players. Click here to see an example of what photo we require.
4. The Result Submission Form available on the Football Queensland website must be completed and submitted to Football Queensland before the fixture deadline as indicated on Sports TG.
5. If a Result Submission Form is not submitted, submitted after the deadline or submitted without a clear photo, the result may be a forfeit for one or both teams and one or both players may be excluded from of the tournament.
6. Football Queensland may take whatever action it deems necessary if there is a dispute about the result.
7. If someone deliberately submits the wrong score, the player in question is immediately disqualified and excluded from the tournament.
1. If a match is not completed before the deadline, the result will be recorded as a forfeit for both players unless:
- The failure to complete the match is not the fault of one competitor in which case a forfeit will be entered for the other player (3-0 loss); or
- The failure to complete the match is not the fault of either competitors in which case Football Queensland may provide an extension of time in order to complete the match. In this instance, the winner of the match must contact their next opponent immediately to organise a match time for the next round.
2. In a match where players experience an internet drop-out, the following will apply:
- Football Queensland will evaluate each individual case and decide the outcome based on the evidence provided from both players.
- In this instance, both players fill in a Dispute Form in as much detail as possible as to the situation surrounding the internet drop out.
- If both payers wish to replay the match, the result at the completion of the replayed match stands.
4. If a player intentionally quits mid-match, they will receive a forfeit as their result and may be disqualified from the tournament.
5. A player must fill out the Dispute Form and include a photo for evidence (if possible) for these reasons:
- If a player cannot get hold of their opponent before the deadline to organise a match time;
- If the opponent does not show up at the proposed match time; or
- If the opponent intentionally quits mid-game
1. Each player is responsible for ensuring that they have access to the required equipment to enter the tournament.
2. Every player must compete using the latest version of the FIFA video game series – FIFA 21.
3. Every player will require either an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 based on the divisions which are entered.
4. Every player must have an active online account with either Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network, depending on the platform chosen at the time of registration.
5. Every player is responsible for their own connection and must have a good internet connection to avoid possible ‘lag’.
6. Football Queensland will not provide any of the required equipment and is not responsible for damage to any of the equipment.
1. The settings for each match are as follows:
- Game Mode: Online Friendlies
- Match Length: 12 minutes (6 Minute Halves)
- Difficulty: World Class
- Match Speed: Normal
- Squad Type: Online
- Injuries: On
- Offside: On
- Handball: Off
2. Players may select any club side that competes in any country’s league (such as Manchester United) or an international side (such as Australia). Players cannot use FIFA 21 generated squads (such as the Classic XI) or FIFA Ultimate Team squads. Players cannot use modified players, including created players or players with altered stats (such as players with 99 ratings) or modified teams, including moving players to other teams (such as Messi playing for Liverpool). Both competitors in a match may select the same team, however must choose different coloured kit.
3. The player assigned as the ‘home’ team must pick their team kit first. The kit chosen for the ‘away’ team must be a clear contrasting colour.
1. The competition may be live streamed on a competitor’s personal Twitch or YouTube channel, but the title of the stream must be:
FQ E-Series [competition name] [Knockout Round] – [Player 1 gamer ID vs. Player 2 gamer ID].
- Example: FQ E-Series Xbox Seniors Round of 32 – player001 vs. Player002
- Example: FQ E-Series PS4 Juniors Quarter Final – player001 vs. Player002
2. Football Queensland may live stream matches via its website and through Twitch. Players will be notified if their match will be live streamed.
3. Football Queensland may approach individual players and ask for their cooperation with facilitating live streams.
1. Players are encouraged to record and provide highlight clips from their matches to Football Queensland. The footage will be used to create highlight reels, goal packages, funny videos and more.
2. By providing footage of their match, the player gives consent to Football Queensland to use their footage to promote the E-Series across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and the Football Queensland website.
3. To record a clip, make sure your PlayStation or Xbox have the clipping features turned on and set to approximately 30 seconds. It is best to clip after the event has happened.
- For instructions on clipping on Xbox, click HERE.
- For instructions for clipping on PlayStation, click HERE.
5. When submitting your videos, please make sure to include your name, Xbox Gamertag or PSN, console/ division, and opponent’s Gamertag or PSN.
6. Do not provide full match replays unless asked by Football Queensland.
1. Competitors should be aware that the Football Queensland Code of Conduct and the Disciplinary and Grievance Regulations apply to this competition.
2. Football Queensland may also take action if it has reason to believe that any conduct bringing the tournament into disrepute has taken place.
3. If a participant makes hurtful, offensive or racist expressions towards his/her opponent, they will be immediately disqualified, and disciplinary measures will be taken.
4. Bad language and/or threats will result in an instant disqualification.
5. In cases of fraud and/or cheating, a participant will be disqualified immediately, and disciplinary measures will be taken.
6. Players can report bad behaviour or hurtful, offensive or racist expressions to Football Queensland via the Formal Complaint Form.