About the Position
The Officer – FQ Academy Support (Central Coast) role is a casual position responsible for the delivery and support of the coach, talent, and player development aspects of Football Queensland’s Central Coast Junior Academy program.
The successful candidate will take an active role to deliver technical, and administrative aspects of the FQ Central Coast Academy program including coach and talent identification, along with overseeing coach development to increase the technical knowledge of coaches FQ Academy Advanced and Development level.
The principal areas of the role:
- To assist the Central Coast (CC) CDA to manage and oversee the delivery of our Central Coast Junior Academy Program by attending training sessions and coordinating junior coaches and players at each session
- Oversee training day operations for our junior academy program which includes and is not limited to, maintaining equipment stock. Liaise with venues and coordinate set up-pack up training equipment, regarding keys sign in sign out and maintain storage area
- Assist Central Coast CDA to recruit and train new Academy coaches
- Support in identifying and upskilling suitable coaches and players for our Academy Programs
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships and communication with all stakeholders, including but not limited to players, parents, administrators, and coaches
- Provide parents communication and updates via Team App regarding FQ carnivals events inter-zone carnivals
- Assist with player and team analysis via recording of games, and delivery of player and coach video sessions
- Provide parents a by-monthly update at training sessions
- Assist CDA with Player Parent mid-year player review
- Assist CDA with Player Parent end- year review, Retention, Delayed-Decision, review
- Assist support of set up of Central Coast FQ Academy carnivals when hosting events
- Attend all state and zone Junior Academy Carnivals throughout the yearly program
We are open to a diverse range of experience and backgrounds.
An increased technical knowledge and better developmental understanding within our coach network and the following skillset to achieve the desired outcomes below may help set you apart from the rest.
- Develop our players football knowledge and understanding
- Meaningful and influential technical services from FQ delivered to Players/Parents participating in FQ Central Coast Academy
- Best practice approach is taken to the development of aspirational players and coaches in Queensland in line with Football Queensland Academy One Queensland Approach
- Supporting Central Queensland CDA allowing time for Club Development and coaching programs are implemented in line with the FQ Strategic Plan and Football Australia initiatives
Essential Knowledge, skills and behavior required
AFC C License/Diploma or working towards recognized equivalent.
- Work experience in a regional environment
- Clear understanding of FA’s coach education system from a technical and administrative perspective
- Football knowledge and playing/coaching experience
- Experience working in community and talented player/coach development
- Experience in the establishment and ongoing management of coach/athlete development programs under the current FA National Football Curriculum
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and execute tasks
- Ability to work with limited direction to initiate procedures
- Current First Aid Certificate
This position can be based in either Gladstone or Rockhampton.
To apply, please complete this application form.
Position closes at COB on Friday, 10 February.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.