About Football Queensland
Football Queensland (FQ) is recognised by both the State and Federal Governments and Football Australia (FA) as the governing body for association football (Soccer) in Queensland.
We are a member of the national governing body FA and, through this connection, are affiliated with Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).
As the governing body, we are charged with all facets of football in Queensland across semi-professional, amateurs, women, youth, juniors, coaches and referees and are responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal in the state.
We are a not-for-profit organisation run by a Board of Directors (elected by football stakeholders made up from zone representatives) and receive funding through membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Queensland’s Home of Football and FQ headquarters are located at Meakin Park in Slacks Creek.
About the Position
The purpose of the Game Day Coordinator (Fraser Coast) is to coordinate all game day activities to ensure all participants are playing in a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
The successful candidate will oversee game day operations and will;
- Support game leaders to ensure participants are in a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment
- Ensure spectators are acting appropriately and promoting a positive environment
- Open and close amenities and provide some facilities and maintenance support as required
- Ensure first aid room is open and accessible, and provide support to the first aider
About the Person
The person we are looking for will be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Experience within the game of football (player, referee, coach and administrator)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive and approachable personality
- Proficient communication skills – confidence speaking in public and delivering information
- Hold a valid Working with Children check (Blue Card)
- Hold a current First Aid certificate or be willing to attain one
- Passion to develop the game of football
- Driver’s license and reliable transport
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of motivation and initiative, both independently and as part of a team
- Consistently proactive, taking initiative whenever possible
This is a casual position, with the overall number of hours to be worked, to be determined with the candidate. The successful applicant will be required to work Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday and on occasions, midweek.
How to Apply
Please submit via email – email@example.com
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages
- a resume of no more than 4 pages
Closing date: Friday 11 February 2022 @ 5.00pm