Group Finance Executive
Football Queensland (FQ) is the affiliated FIFA and FFA representative governing body for Queensland. It is charged with all facets of football in Queensland including semi-professional, amateurs, women, youth, juniors, referees. It is also responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal across the state. We hold an enviable position with the highest participation numbers of any sporting code in Australia.
Football Queensland is excited to be recruiting for a commercially astute Group Finance Executive to drive efficiencies through positive change across the State.
We are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors (elected by football stakeholders made up from zone representatives from some 10 zones throughout Queensland) and receive funding through membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Following a comprehensive review of the state finance functions across all 10 zones over the last two months, we have identified an opportunity for significant efficiency savings, and we are excited to be developing a Finance Shared Service model which will offer immediate cost savings.
In addition to cost savings, this model will also provide improved quality of reporting and a decrease in financial risk which is always a concern for smaller organisations.
The Group Finance Executive will be responsible for driving this initiative and project managing the implementation.
You will have an MBA or CPA and at least 10 years’ financial management experience. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and naturally demonstrate excellence in the workplace.
- Providing financial projections and accounting services for all stakeholders, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Developing group finance strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Analyse group operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement;
- Ability to drill down within quantitative and qualitative analysis, both individually and with others to problem solve and define clear paths of corrective action.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills. Ability to articulate vision in a clear and effective manner that is translatable into aligned action.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity consistent with Football Queensland’s strategic growth targets.
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to impact and influence results.
- Strong project management and plan execution skills with the ability to respond to multiple competing priorities.
- Proficiency with Zero / MYOB, word processing, and an excel guru.
Football (the World Game) has an amazing opportunity over the next 10 years in Australia. FQ must meet this opportunity by driving participation growth, unifying the football family, developing infrastructure, supporting clubs and the community, showcasing events, developing pathways and making the game affordable and available for all.
If you believe you have the necessary passion, experience, drive, and leadership to contribute to the world game in Queensland, we invite you to submit a copy of your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Richardson on 0402 279 035 to discuss further.
Only those candidates deemed suitable will be contacted about this exciting opportunity.