Football Queensland is excited to be recruiting for a Junior Referee Development Co-ordinator and Referee Appointments Officer dual role for the Sunshine Coast zone.
This role will work closely with the State Referee Development Officer (SRDO) and the Zone’s Referee Development Co-ordinator (RDC) to deliver outcomes from the Football Queensland Refereeing Strategic Plan and associated operational plans.
The role is responsible for assisting the RDC in the growth and development of refereeing within Sunshine Coast Football (SCF), with particular emphasis on junior and new referees, and delivering mentoring, training and junior programs.
This role will also work closely with the Zone’s RDC and the State Referees Appointments Officer to appoint referees to the Zones designated non-elite competitions and other sanctioned matches.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Project & Program Planning and Delivery in conjunction with the Zone Referee Development Co-ordinator
- Mentoring new referees and promoting referee education and training programs/coordination or recruitment and retention initiatives
- Provide support to Sunshine Coast Football junior referees and refereeing groups
- Provide mentoring, coaching, assessment and advice for junior and new referees
- Managing the appointment of registered referees to all designated non-elite competition matches, designated school tournaments and other sanctioned matches via the National Referee Appointments System
- Reporting any repeated unjustified withdrawals or rejections of appointments by referees to the Zone RDC and the State Referees Appointments Officer
- Maintaining accurate records of individual appointments
Knowledge and skills required include:
- Current Level 3 Instructor and Level 2 Assessor or equivalent or be prepared to undertake training to gain
- Current Level 3 Futsal Referee or equivalent or be prepared to undertake training to gain
- Current Referee Level 2 (Theory) or equivalent or be prepared to undertake training to gain
- Previous experience in administration role essential
- Must have good communication skills and personal presentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in Word, Excel and Outlook computer systems
- Dedicated and mature approach to customer service
- Ability to effectively interact with customers
- Ability to be able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
After hours/weekend work may be required for this role.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 7 February 2020.