About the Position
The Manager – Advanced Competitions role will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all advanced competitions through the development of strong working relations with Football clubs in Football Queensland (FQ) competitions, regions and relevant stakeholders of the game.
The position will provide support to the broader Football Queensland team, Regions and Clubs and create an environment to maximise the participation and enjoyment of those stakeholders through the implementation of policies, procedures and operational processes.
The role will have one direct report and will work within a broader team of competition administrators to create an environment that maximises the participation and enjoyment of competitions and program participants through customer service and delivery of timely accurate administrative functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager – Advanced Competitions will be required to:
- Administer the NPL, FQPL 1-2 and Academy Junior competitions as well as assist with SEQ Premier League, F League and Academy Carnivals
- Deliver ongoing requirements of administrating FQ Advanced Competitions, including the scheduling and management of fixtures, match results, and ensuring the integrity of each competition is maintained.
- Liaise with clubs and develop strong relationships with Football Queensland stakeholders
- Develop a strong operational acumen of FQ’s Competition management platforms and technology systems
- Work with FQ Referees department regarding the delivery of matches and competitions
- Administer and monitor the Player Points System (PPS) for the NPL and FQPL Competitions as required
- Administration of The Australia Cup, NPL National Finals Series, Kappa Pro Series, Kappa Women’s Super Cup, Queensland Cup and all relevant competitions
- Work with and assist/advise other Competition Administrators with maintaining all competitions across Queensland as required
- Contribute to and assist with management of weekly disciplinary (on field) tasks
- Attend training, workshops, events to further enhance competition administration expertise
Skills and experience
To be the right fit for this role you will have:
- Dedicated and mature approach to providing exceptional customer service
- Able to initiate new relationships, build rapport quickly and have the knowledge of dealing with professional administrators and importantly, volunteers
- Be aware of the terminologies and relevant policies of managing football competitions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including phone, face to face, email, video call and direct messaging services
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Suite and computer systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under direction to start processes, set priorities and manage key tasks and time but as important is the ability to take initiative and make decisions using critical thinking and awareness
- Support as required, including coordinating calendars, diaries and travel throughout the state as needed
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation, both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity of Queensland geography with preference for understanding Football landscape including clubs, pathways, programs (both talent and participation)
- Self-awareness and ability to comprehend what is required and how to achieve outcomes
- Previous experience in administration and office etiquette
- Must have a blue card (working with children) or be willing to get one
- Driver’s Licence
Desirable skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications; Business, Business Administration or Sports Management
- Experience in working with volunteers and a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience or knowledge of the football industry and landscape is preferred
How to apply:
Please submit via email – email@example.com
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages in pdf
- a resume of no more than 4 pages in pdf
Position closes at COB on Friday, 9 June 2023.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.