The Manager – Central Region Operations, will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of football competitions and products through the development of strong working relationships with FQ affiliated football clubs across the zone and with relevant stakeholders of the game.
The position will oversee the day-to-day operations of football within the zone and create an environment that maximises the participation and enjoyment of those stakeholders through the implementation of policies, procedures and operational processes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Region General Manager, Football Queensland competition administrators, marketing and communication staff and the finance team to create an environment that maximises the enjoyment of competition and program participants through professional customer service and delivery of timely and accurate administrative and operational functions.
The successful candidate will work out of their home office, based in Rockhampton or another LGA within the Central Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager – Central Region Operations will be required to:
- Work under the direction of the Region General Manager to deliver strategic outcomes for both Football Queensland and and the zone;
- Manage zone FQPL and community based competitions as well as assist with other zone relevant competitions and events as required;
- Develop initiatives in conjunction with Football Queensland to grow participation within the zone;
- Coordinate the delivery of FQ Programs throughout the zone, including that sanctioned representative programs in the zone are conducted successfully;
- Assist with special events as directed;
- Action requests for information from Football Queensland and zone Committee by liaising with relevant zone staff and representatives, clubs and local government and other key stakeholders;
- Distribute relevant information and conduct training to club and committee members within the zone;
- Maintain knowledge of the registration and competition platform to enable assistance to clubs;
- Attend zone meetings and conduct general administrative duties, including secretariat functions;
- Work with the central pools of FQ staff to deliver competitions including the scheduling and management of fixtures, match results, disciplinary process sanctioning and appeals processes;
- Support Region General Manager with the delivery of sponsorship and commercial outcomes and partnerships;
- Liaise with clubs and develop strong relationships with Football Queensland stakeholders including FQ Zone employees and football clubs across Queensland;
- Assist in assessing the National Club Development Program (NCDP); and
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time as directed by Region General Manager.
Experience and Skills
To be the right fit for this role you will have:
- Dedicated and mature approach to providing exceptional customer service;
- Able to initiate new relationships, build rapport quickly and have the knowledge of dealing with professional administrators and importantly, volunteers;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including phone, electronic and face to face engagement;
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft 365 Suite and computer systems;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work under direction to start processes, set priorities and manage key tasks and time, but as important is the ability to take initiative and make decisions using critical thinking and awareness;
- Support as required, including coordinating calendars, diaries and travel throughout the zone as required;
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self motivation, both independently and as part of a team;
- Self-awareness and ability to comprehend what is required and how to achieve outcomes;
- Previous experience in administration role and office etiquette;
- Must have a blue card (working with children), or be prepared to get one before commencing in the role;
- Current Driver’s Licence
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Tertiary qualifications – Business, Business Administration or Sports Management;
- Experience in working with volunteers and a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience or knowledge of the football industry and sporting landscape is highly regarded.
To apply for this position, please provide a copy of your Resume, together with a covering letter in pdf format, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 10 September 2021.