WHO WE ARE
Our vision is for football in Queensland to be united. For football to be the game of choice, for all, for life.
Football Queensland, as the governing body for Football in Queensland, exists to develop and grow the game at all levels by leading and supporting our clubs, volunteers, coaches, referees, and stakeholders to provide exciting and enjoyable experiences for all Queenslanders – anytime, anywhere. Football Queensland also deliver player development pathways and manage the premier football competitions across the state.
- Uniting football in Queensland
- Making playing and administering football easier, creating efficiencies
- Providing quality and consistent products and services that deliver value for money
- Improving and streamlining governance and management of the game
- Engaging with all our members, stakeholders, partners and government
So, whoever you are, whatever your age, wherever you are from, whatever your story, football has the power to inspire and unite.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Manager – Mount Isa, will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of football, competitions and products through the development of strong working relationships with Football Queensland affiliated football clubs across the region and with relevant stakeholders of the game, as required, to meet the objectives of Football Queensland strategic plan KPI’s.
The applicant will also maintain all aspects of the Mount Isa Football Park including mowing, linemarking and day to day park management along with the oversight of canteen operations.
The position will oversee the day-to-day operations of football within the region and create an environment that maximises the participation and enjoyment of those stakeholders through the implementation of policies, procedures and operational processes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Region General Manager, Football Queensland competition administrators, marketing and communication staff and the finance team, to create an environment that maximises the enjoyment of competition and program participants through professional customer service and delivery of timely and accurate administrative and operational functions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Manager – Mount Isa will be required to:
- Work under the direction of the Region General Manager to deliver strategic outcomes for both Football Queensland and the region
- Develop and drive region initiatives in line with FQ strategies, to grow participation rates, registered coaches and referees across the region
- Coordinate the delivery of FQ Programs throughout the region, including FQ managed academy programs.
- Assist in managing community-based competitions as well as assist with other region relevant competitions and events as required
- Assist with planning, organisation and delivery of special events as directed
- Action requests for information from Football Queensland by liaising with relevant regional staff and representatives, clubs, local government and other key stakeholders
- Distribute relevant information and conduct training to club and committee members within the region
- Maintain knowledge of the registration and competition platform to enable assistance to clubs
- Attend region meetings and conduct general administrative duties
- Work with the central pools of FQ staff to deliver competitions including the scheduling and management of fixtures, match results, disciplinary process sanctioning and appeals processes
- Support the Region General Manager with the delivery of sponsorship and commercial outcomes and partnerships
- Liaise with clubs and develop strong relationships with Football Queensland stakeholders including FQ region employees and football clubs across Queensland
- Assist clubs with the “Game Changer,” club capability building program
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time as directed by Region General Manager or FQ Management Staff
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
To be the right fit for this role, you will:
- Dedicated and mature approach to providing exceptional customer service
- Able to initiate new relationships, build rapport quickly and have the knowledge of dealing with professional administrators and importantly, volunteers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including phone, electronic and face to face engagement
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under direction to start processes, set priorities and manage key tasks and time, but as important is the ability to take initiative and make decisions using critical thinking and awareness
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self motivation, both independently and as part of a team
- Self-awareness and ability to comprehend what is required and how to achieve outcomes
- Previous experience in administration role
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Current Driver’s Licence and reliable transport
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Business, Business Administration or Sports Management
- Gardener / Yard experience specifically with pesticides, fertilisers and irrigation
- Experience in working with volunteers and a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience or knowledge of the football industry and sporting landscape is highly regarded
To view the full position description, click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit via email to Region General Manager – Northern, Far North & Gulf & Whitsunday Coast, Declan Carnes: email@example.com.
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages in pdf
- A resume of no more than 4 pages in pdf
Applications for the role are now open until COB Wednesday, 15 November 2023.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.