Football Queensland (FQ) is the affiliated FIFA and FFA representative governing body for Queensland. It is charged with all facets of football in Queensland including semi-professional, amateurs, women, youth, juniors and referees. It is also responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal across the state. We are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors, elected by football stakeholders made up from zone representatives from some 10 zones throughout Queensland.
The Participation, Clubs and Community Manager will lead a team of competition administrators and participation staff to create an environment that maximise the participation and enjoyment of competition and program participants through the development and implementation of regulations, policies, procedures and operational processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and administrative expertise for the delivery of Football Queensland competitions:
- NPL Men’s, NPL Women’s, FQPL and FFA Cup competitions
- NPL Junior Boys, NPL Junior Girls and SAP competitions
- Community leagues (ie Q-League), carnivals and other competitions as required
- Development, implementation and review of competition regulations, policies and procedures and operational process and requirements
- Manage and execute key competition functions:
- Fixturing and results
- Disciplinary, appeals and sanction processes
- Player Points System (PPS)
- Work with the State Referees Manager to develop and deliver quality referee programs for competitions and programs
- Oversee the proactive development, implementation and delivery of participation programs and products to achieve the objectives set down in the strategic plan
- Work with the Digital, Media and Comms team to manage and develop new promotional, marketing and competition products designed to introduce participants to football
- Work with Refereeing and Coaching staff to grow the numbers of participants in these cohorts
- Leadership and management of a small team of staff, including performance plans, reviews and mentoring
- Development, management and maintenance of competition and participation budgets
- Coordinate the provision of a future shared services model for competitions and participation products to member zones
- Liaise and support FQ’s Events Manager with the delivery of key competitions and participation events
- Attend training, workshops, events to further enhance expertise
- Any other responsibilities as directed or needed by the organisation as require
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management and delivery of effective and efficient Football Queensland competitions, club engagement and the planning, implementation and delivery of programs and activities to drive the growth and development of grassroots and community football.
We are entering a very exciting time for the game of football. The 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup will be hosted by Australia and New Zealand, while the game in Queensland is embarking on an important reform journey, with the opportunity to take football to the next level.
- Working with children check
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Experience or knowledge of the Football industry
Apply for this role
If you believe you have the necessary passion, experience, drive, and leadership to contribute to the world game in Queensland, we invite you to submit a copy of your most recent resume and covering letter to email@example.com or contact (07) 3208 2677 to discuss further.
Applications close 31 July, 2020.