About the Business Unit
The Coach Development Support Officer will sit within the Football and Technical Business Unit and is responsible for providing consistent and appropriate support for Football Queensland, in particular Coach Education.
About the Position
The role has been created to perform administration and operational duties and provide support in a professional manner to Queensland based FA registered coaches in general and specifically to the FQ Coach Development Unit, to ensure that all administrative items across all programs are delivered at the highest level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering coach registrations, advanced coach education programs, community coaching courses, workshop, webinars and conferences.
In addition to the administration the successful candidate delivers organisation and operation tasks on site at advanced coaching courses and coach development events.
The role requires initiative, independent performance of tasks, excellent communication skills, customer service skills and traits, and most importantly attention to detail and accuracy.
Suitable candidates will possess the following:
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment
- Preparedness to work weekends and non-traditional hours as required
- Comprehensive understanding of the structure and dynamics of football programs, in Australia, including the interrelationships on local, state and national level
Key areas of Responsibility
The role does not have any direct reports, however it will form an integral part of the organisation as a whole and will play a key role in the direction of FQ moving forward to ensure we continue to provide a level of customer service and delivery to our coaching community.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Primary point of contact for all Coach Education enquiries
- Manage all coach education matters raised through Football Queensland’s general enquiry website
- Advise and assist Region Managers and Region General Managers with any coach education enquiries
- Provide and manage logistical and operational support required for Coach Education facilitators
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders including club representatives, to ensure a smooth delivery of external coach education courses
- Assist the FQ Executive in providing reports for coach education deliverables from time to time.
- Other duties as directed by GM – Football and State Technical Director
The following skills and qualifications are essential:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong and proven skills in organisation and planning
- Self-motivated with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and manage a number of tasks simultaneously, while maximising the use of internal and external resources to achieve results
- Ability to work with limited direction to initiate procedures, set priorities and manage tasks
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use MS Dynamics, Word, Outlook, Excel and Customer Relationship Management platforms
- Previous experience in administration
- Have a customer service focus
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as a part of a team
- Consistently proactive, taking initiative whenever possible
- Dedicated and mature approach to customer service
- Positive Working with Children Check
How to Apply
Please submit via email – email@example.com
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages
- a resume of no more than 4 pages
Closing date: Wednesday, 18 May 2022 at 5:00pm.