About the Position
An exciting and dynamic position has been created for a full-time Digital Marketing & Media Officer. Working across our digital, marketing and media requirements, you will have extensive experience in social media management, digital content production, writing, designing and managing the narrative around multimedia content, including print publications, social media, website content and videos. This position will be required to manage, develop and support Football Queensland’s marketing and digital strategies, and services across all products and platforms.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to Football Queensland’s promotion of the competitions pyramid by developing content and posting across social media channels
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and campaigns
- Plan, schedule and track digital content and implementation of the digital strategy
- Develop, produce and implement new content initiatives to reach broader audiences across digital platforms
- Be available to work weekends and coordinate timely content on Football Queensland’s top tier competitions
- Write page-ready content for external media outlets as required
- Coordinate broadcast requirements with FQ partners
- Coordinate FQTV news content, create VNRs for public distribution
- Monitor, measure and analyse performance of digital products, platforms and content
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant experience in a fast paced and challenging environment
- A degree in Sports Management, Marketing or a relevant tertiary qualification
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)and front-end web development experience (Squarespace, WordPress etc)
- Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok
- Experience in maintaining websites, social media and other digital communication platforms
- Experience in social media and digital marketing and communication campaigns
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines whilst balancing competing demands
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as a part of a team.
- Consistently proactive and adept at working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The right fit for the role should be consistently proactive and flexible, taking initiative whenever possible.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience or knowledge of the football industry
How to apply:
We’d love to hear from you if you are passionate about sport and digital marketing, who is looking to help shape and have an impact on our beautiful game.
Please submit via email – email@example.com
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages in pdf
- a resume of no more than 4 pages in pdf
Position closes at COB on Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.