Football Queensland is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Operations Officer – High Performance, to assist with the operations and administration of our expanding high performance programs.
Football Queensland is the governing body for the sport in Queensland. A member federation of the FA, over 75,000 players, 1400 referees, 3000 coaches and countless volunteers participate in football throughout the state, annually.
Football Queensland is an inclusive, safe, exciting, and engaging place to work. Employees are valued and involved in decision making processes. Support in personal development opportunities and being part of the football family are integral to the organisation’s ethos.
About the Role
As Operations Officer – High Performance, you will be responsible for administering Football Queensland’s High Performance Programs, including but not limited to; the QAS women’s football program, SAP and TSP regional and metropolitan programs, National Youth Championships for boys and girls (11 a-side and futsal) and the Girls National Training Centre Challenge.
In addition to the administration and delivery of the High Performance Program, this role will assist the QAS Football Program Manager and Football Queensland Events Manager in the successful delivery of game day operations for QAS Football home games and football events under the auspices of the High Performance and Club Development Unit.
To be eligible for this role, you must demonstrate:
- A strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work with complex and diverse group of stakeholders
- A demonstrated ability to manage financial resources, including program and departmental budget targets
- Experience and knowledge of the football landscape in Queensland
- A comprehensive understanding of the structure and dynamics of high-performance sport, particularly football, in Australia and internationally, including the interrelationships at local, state and national level
- Strong and proven skills in organisation and planning
- Be self-motivated with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and manage a number of tasks simultaneously, while maximising the use of internal and external resources to achieve results
- Ability to work with limited direction to initiate procedures, set priorities and manage tasks
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Computer Literacy – Microsoft Suite (eg Office365, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- The ability to work toward team operational goals, working independently or as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to develop, critically review and a commitment to continuous improvement
- A team player
Further opportunities to take on other roles within the technical department may be possible, if the successful applicant holds the required advanced football coaching qualification (A Licence).
The full position description; including tasks, responsibilities and selection criteria required for this role, is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a probationary six-month full-time agreement with the scope to move to permanent full time.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to email@example.com, ensuring it is specifically a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter. Applications in Word format (docx) and without a cover letter, will not be considered.
9am Wednesday, 30th December 2020.