This position has been created to deliver outcomes from the Football Queensland Refereeing Strategic Plan and associated operations plans. The successful application will work closely with the Referee Development Officer to appoint referees for the Wide Bay Zone’s designated non-elite competitions and other sanctioned matches.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering mentoring, coordinating local training sessions and any other programs as directed by Football Queensland Wide Bay or from time to time Football Queensland to Referees within the Wide Bay region and in retaining referees.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to Murray Bird at email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 3 January.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Liaising with referees, Zone Administrator and other clients by email, telephone or face-to-face
- Managing the appointment of registered referees to all designated non-elite competition matches, designated school tournaments and other sanctioned matches via the online appointment system as directed by Football Queensland
- Managing the appointment of Referee Assessors, Coaches and Mentors to designated non-elite competition matches in accordance with Zone Referee’s Development Coordinator and the State Referee Administrator’s requirements
- Successful delivery of any referee training or coaching sessions as directed by Zone Referee Development Coordinator or Football Queensland Referee Department
- Implementing any special requirements of the Zone Referee Development Coordinator and the State Referee Administrator when making appointments
- Reporting any repeated unjustified withdrawals or rejections of appointments by referees to the Zone Referee Development Coordinator and the Zone Administrator
- Maintaining accurate records of individual appointments
- Ensure the efficient management of financial systems associated with payments to match officials and invoicing of Zone Referee Development Coordinators and the Zone Administrator to effectively manage the coordination of Queensland’s non-elite referees
- Keep voting records from WBL officials and referees for the Wide Bay Best and Fairest. To be sent to the Zone Administrator by Monday of each week
- Ensure that the zone referees enter all data information, of their previous game, into SportsTG. This must be completed prior to their next game
Knowledge, skills and behavior required
- Previous experience in administration role desirable
- Must have good communication skills and personal presentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Technically competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with excellent data entry skills
- Dedicated and mature approach to customer service
- Ability to effectively interact with customers
- Ability to be able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks simultaneously