Football Queensland and The Daniel Morcombe Foundation have a successful history working together to raise awareness on the issue of Child Protection. The 2016 Score for Daniel will mark the first time an awareness campaign will be run in conjunction with football clubs across all Queensland state zones.
[Images: The Daniel Morcombe Foundation]
With over 50,000 registered participants under the age of 17, child protection and safety awareness needs to be paramount within the entire football community.
Research shows that most child safety issues result from someone the child knows, so it is important that the footballing community understands and utilises the Daniel Morcombe Foundation’s initiatives and help empower our children to ‘Recognise, React and Report’ if they feel something is not right.
Last year Football Gold Coast Zone and Clubs did a fantastic job Score for Daniel Day to earn over $5,000. This year we are encouraging all Clubs in Queensland be involved.
How Score for Daniel Day works
- For every goal scored (by the home and away team) at a club ground on Saturday 21 May (and Sunday 22 if clubs don’t have fixtures on the Saturday), the club will donate a designated amount to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
- Clubs can nominate the amount per goal (e.g. $5 or $10) or they can donate a sum of their choosing depending on their budget.
- Club can donate $100
- 50 goals scored on the day at their ground x $1 = $50
- Clubs can register to participate by filling out the below form
- Once clubs have registered, they will receive an information pack from the Daniel Morcombe Foundation about Child Safety.
- Launch – The major launch for Score for Daniel will take place at Mitchelton FC on Saturday, 21 May at 10am.
All donations will go direct to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation. To find out how you can donate, please visit www.danielmorcombe.com.au.
Clubs can nominate to participate in the 2016 Score for Daniel by completing the below form.
No home fixtures during Score for Daniel? Don’t worry, your club can still participate!
Simply fill out the below form and nominate any donation amount (however big or small) and your club will receive the Child Safety Education Pack from the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.