This role will be responsible for overseeing the establishment and operation of a Referee Academy program, providing coaching material and support for Referee Development Coordinators and other State Referee Coaches.
The State Referee Academy Coaches will also be responsible for the administration of coaching records and match assessments, and performing talent identification activities by attending championships and tournaments.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Administration of coaching records and match assessments
- Oversee the establishment and operation of a Referee Academy Program
- Generate content for the Referee Academy website
- Provide coaching material and support for Referee Development Coordinators and other State Referee Coaches
- Review and provide feedback to Academy Referees on all reports from match day referee assessors and or NPL/FQPL/NPLW Referees
- Provide reports using your coaching expertise to correct any technical issues identified
- Contribute as a member of the NPL/FQPL/NPLW referee Match Analysts Panel
- Provide advice and recommendations to the State Referee Department – regarding referees to be considered for upgrading
- Provide input into the appointment of NPL/FQPL/NPLW competitions, and other Queensland State Leagues and competitions as required
- Perform talent identification activities by attending various championships and tournaments as required
- Establish a network of Referee Development Coordinators and Academy Coaches in each Zone throughout the state
- Conduct courses to upskill Referee Development Coordinators and Academy Coaches
- Other duties and tasks as directed by the State Referee Manager
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Current FFA Level 2 Instructor and Assessor
- Current Level 1 Referee (Theory)
- Current FFA Level 3 Futsal Referee or as a minimum, be prepared to undertake course with a positive outcome
- Experience in the coaching of referees
- Demonstrated experience:
- Conducting referee education and development programs;
- Managing and working with volunteers in sport;
- Delivering high level customer service to a diverse range of stakeholders
- With word, excel and outlook computer systems
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to initiate and manage third party relations
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as a part of a team
- Consistently proactive, taking initiative whenever possible
To apply for the position of State Referee Academy Coach please email Murray Bird email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday, 19 December.