Football Queensland (FQ) is recognised by both the State and Federal Governments and Football Federation Australia (FFA) as the governing body for association football (soccer) in Queensland.
We are a member of the national governing body FFA and, through this connection, are affiliated with Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).
As the governing body, we are charged with all facets of football in Queensland across semi-professional, amateurs, women, youth, juniors, coaches and referees and are responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal in the state.
We are a not-for-profit organisation run by a Board of Directors (elected by football stakeholders made up from zone representatives) and receive funding through membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Queensland’s Home of Football and FQ headquarters are located at Meakin Park in Slacks Creek.
Football Queensland strives to be the leading sporting organisation in Queensland so that football becomes the first choice code for all.
- To be recognised for our leadership through the advancement and standardisation of the game
- To allow members to reach their potential
- To develop quality and cohesive relationships with stakeholders
- To achieve overall satisfaction and value through clear collaboration and communication
Football Queensland is made up of 10 zones around the state.
- Football Gold Coast
- Football Brisbane
- Sunshine Coast Football
- Football South West Queensland
- Football Wide Bay
- Football Central Queensland
- Mackay Regional Football
- NQ Football
- North West Queensland Soccer
- Far North Queensland Football
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Glenn Smith, Andrew Johnston, Tony Davis, Jon McKain, Jackie Knight, Robert Cavallucci