Football Queensland (FQ) is recognised by both the State and Federal Governments and Football Federation Australia (FFA) as the governing body for association football (soccer) in Queensland.
We are a member of the national governing body FFA and, through this connection, are affiliated with Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA).
As the governing body, we are charged with all facets of football in Queensland across semi-professional, amateurs, women, youth, juniors, coaches and referees and are responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal in the state.
We are a not-for-profit organisation run by a Board of Directors (elected by football stakeholders made up from zone representatives) and receive funding through membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Queensland’s Home of Football and FQ headquarters are located at Meakin Park in Slacks Creek.
Football in Queensland united. The game of choice, for all, for life.
To inspire Queenslanders through football.
Whoever you are, whatever your age, where you’re from, whatever your story, football has the power to inspire and unite.
Football Queensland exists to develop and grow the game by leading and supporting our clubs, volunteers, coaches, referees and stakeholders to provide exciting, enjoyable experiences for all Queenslanders – anytime, anywhere.
As the peak body for football in Queensland, we focus on:
- Uniting football in Queensland
- Making playing and administering football easier, creating efficiencies
- Providing quality and consistent products and services that deliver value for money
- Improving and streamlining governance and management of the game
- Engaging with all of our members, stakeholders, partners and government
Football Queensland is made up of 10 zones around the state.
- Football Gold Coast
- Football Brisbane
- Sunshine Coast Football
- Football South West Queensland
- Football Wide Bay
- Football Central Queensland
- Mackay Regional Football
- NQ Football
- North West Queensland Soccer
- Far North Queensland Football
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Glenn Smith, Andrew Johnston, Tony Davis, Jon McKain, Jackie Knight, Robert Cavallucci