Exciting opportunities are available for individuals who are passionate about working with the best women’s footballers in Queensland and are looking to work within a modern football program based on best practice.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Development Coach/Team Manager
If you are interested in contributing to the development of women’s football in Queensland, fill out the application form here.
Are you looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland and place yourself in the middle of the action, where you’ll be able to make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Learn valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work with others.
To become a match official:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test.
- Register for the next Level 4 Referee Course. Details about upcoming referee courses can be found here.
- There is a $50 deposit payable to complete the referee course, which will be deducted from your registration fees after completion. Once you’ve completed the course, you will be ready to officiate.
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games played at club grounds all over Queensland.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division/level of your match.
For more information, contact your local governing football zone.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Level 4 Referee course.
Football Queensland is inviting interested and enthusiastic individuals, ideally final year students studying marketing or a sports marketing-related degree, to apply for internship positions at our head office in Brisbane.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Support the marketing team with social media campaigns, content planning and scheduling
- Undertake market research as required (industry and category)
- Draft sponsorship proposals as required
- Monitor and report departmental KPIs and campaign metrics
- Support the team with fan and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Scope and report potential new marketing opportunities
- Assist with game day marketing activities
Weekly hours and internship length can be negotiated to suit your study commitments and/or placement requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of football in Queensland, please email a CV and cover letter to Yanith Rajdev, Football Queensland’s Marketing & Partnerships Manager via YanithR@footballqueensland.com.au.
An exciting internship opportunity is available for an aspiring filmmaker.
Our marketing department is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative video production intern to assist in the delivery of campaigns, content and competitions.
Working under the guidance of our Video and Content Officer, you will help shoot and edit video content that will help grow the beautiful game. This is a great opportunity to learn and hone your skills in the fast-paced world of sports marketing. If you are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Please mention which team you support.
Internships are unpaid and generally run for a minimum period of 3 months (extended by agreement) for one or two days per week.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with storyboarding, concept development and script writing
- Pre-production, filming and post-production
- Help produce videos for various social media platforms
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to produce video content
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects
- Knowledge in other Video or 3D production software is preferable but not mandatory
- Basic audio recording and editing knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Video and editing software
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Football knowledge
- Passion for football
If you are interested, please email a CV, cover letter and show reel or portfolio link to Declan Stevens-Robert, Football Queensland’s Video and Content Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.