Looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland and see all the action from the best seat in the house, where you’ll make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Refereeing teaches valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work in a team.
To become a first year match official, follow these steps:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test. This tests your knowledge of the Laws of the Games fundamental concepts.
- Upon passing the Laws of the Game test, you must register for a Level 4 Referee Course. There is a $50 fee to complete the referee course.
- Once you have completed the course, you will need to register to Play Football. There is a fee to register as a referee. Fees for first year referees are $59 for Juniors and $98.50 for Seniors.
- Once you have completed the course and registered to Play Football, you will be ready to officiate!
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games played at club grounds all over Queensland.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division and level of your match.
For more information, contact your local governing football zone.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Level 4 Referee course.
Football Queensland is inviting interested and enthusiastic individuals, ideally final year students studying marketing or a sports marketing-related degree, to apply for internship positions at our head office in Brisbane.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Support the marketing team with social media campaigns, content planning and scheduling
- Undertake market research as required (industry and category)
- Assist with drafting sponsorship proposals
- Monitor and report departmental KPIs and campaign metrics
- Support the team with fan and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Scope and report potential new marketing and commercial opportunities
- Assist with game day marketing activities
- Assist with the delivery of sponsor rights and activations
Weekly hours and internship length can be negotiated to suit your study commitments and/or placement requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of football in Queensland, please email a CV and cover letter to the FQ Marketing Team via firstname.lastname@example.org