Are you looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland and place yourself in the middle of the action, where you’ll be able to make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Learn valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work with others.
To become a match official:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test.
- Register for the next Level 4 Referee Course. Details about upcoming referee courses can be found here.
- There is a $50 deposit payable to complete the referee course, which will be deducted from your registration fees after completion. Once you’ve completed the course, you will be ready to officiate.
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games played at club grounds all over Queensland.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division/level of your match.
For more information, contact your local governing football zone.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Level 4 Referee course.
Football Queensland is inviting interested and enthusiastic individuals, ideally graduated or final year students studying marketing or a sports marketing-related degree, to apply for internship positions at our head office in Brisbane.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Support the marketing team with social media campaigns, content planning and scheduling
- Undertake market research as required (industry and category)
- Draft sponsorship proposals as required
- Monitor and report departmental KPIs and campaign metrics
- Support the team with fan and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Scope and report potential new marketing opportunities
- Assist with game day marketing activities
Weekly hours and internship length can be negotiated to suit your study commitments and/or placement requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of football in Queensland, please email a CV and cover letter to Yanith Rajdev, Football Queensland’s Marketing and Media Coordinator via YanithR@footballqueensland.com.au.