Football Queensland is the governing body for football and is charged with all facets of the game, professional and amateur, senior and junior, male and female, referees and coaches. Mums, dads, grandparents and siblings add to the Queensland Football community with an estimated 700,000 people actively involved in clubs every weekend.
An exciting and dynamic position has been created for a Digital Content and Graphic Design Manager with multimedia skills in pre-production, post-production, and digital design. Working across our marketing and communication requirements, you will have extensive experience in designing and managing the graphic design and video production process. You will be a natural storyteller, able to create, edit, produce and deliver innovative and engaging digital content across all our digital and traditional platforms.
From your initial creative idea through to completion, you will own the process and the outcome and be responsible for taking initial concepts through to finished art and production. You will be an effective multi tasker, able to deliver quickly and accurately on briefs, with the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and design across digital platforms including website, mobile applications, social media, display, eDM, presentations, advertising, video, livestream and TV
- Produce a wide range of multimedia content (infographics, corporate publications, website graphics, internal and external promotional collateral, video graphics and editing)
- Safeguard brand guidelines and ensure compliance across the state
- Work creatively and collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver engaging and effective multimedia content
- Lead the creative process and present the creative direction for major campaigns
- Mentor and inspire other members of your team
- Conceptualise, film, edit and produce video content
- Construct storyboards for approval and development
- Editing, colour grading and other post-production requirements
- Assist with the media production of live events
- Manage priorities, set clear expectations and provide accurate delivery estimates
- Manage design systems and records
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experiencein a fast paced, challenging environment
- In-depth knowledge of all leading software packages and applications including Microsoft Office and the Adobe CC Suite; Premiere Pro and After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Thorough knowledge of print design requirements
- Creative campaign conceptualising skills
- Experience in social media and online campaigns
- UI /UX web design experience desirable
- Videography skills for media productions; including camera operation, lighting design and equipment set up
- High competency with video editing, animation and motion graphics
- High competency using digital camera equipment for stills and footage/audio capture
- Experience in digital design skills including HTML, CSS and eDM build capabilities
- A productive outlook with the ability to prioritise projects and use time efficiently
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
We’d love to hear from you if you are a passionate digital content producer who enjoys using your creativity and skills to tell stories that inspire and motivate others. Please include samples of your design work or showreel with your application. As a part of selection process, we may set shortlisted candidates a design test. Please send your application to MichelleM@footballqueensland.com.au.
Friday, 12 April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Are you looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland and place yourself in the middle of the action, where you’ll be able to make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Learn valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work with others.
To become a match official:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test.
- Register for the next Level 4 Referee Course. Details about upcoming referee courses can be found here.
- There is a $50 deposit payable to complete the referee course, which will be deducted from your registration fees after completion. Once you’ve completed the course, you will be ready to officiate.
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games played at club grounds all over Queensland.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division/level of your match.
For more information, contact your local governing football zone.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Level 4 Referee course.
Football Queensland is inviting interested and enthusiastic individuals, ideally final year students studying marketing or a sports marketing-related degree, to apply for internship positions at our head office in Brisbane.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Support the marketing team with social media campaigns, content planning and scheduling
- Undertake market research as required (industry and category)
- Draft sponsorship proposals as required
- Monitor and report departmental KPIs and campaign metrics
- Support the team with fan and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Scope and report potential new marketing opportunities
- Assist with game day marketing activities
Weekly hours and internship length can be negotiated to suit your study commitments and/or placement requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of football in Queensland, please email a CV and cover letter to Yanith Rajdev, Football Queensland’s Marketing & Partnerships Manager via YanithR@footballqueensland.com.au.