MINIROOS (ages 4-11)
MiniRoos focuses on learning new skills, being active, making life-long friends and, potentially, unearthing the next generation of Socceroos or Matildas.
Core values of teamwork, cooperation, fair play and respect for others are at the heart of all MiniRoos programs.
Kids can get involved in MiniRoos in three ways: Kick-Off, Club Football and Girls Only. Click here to learn more about all forms of MiniRoos.
New to football? MiniRoos Kick-Off is held across three playing windows – pre-season (January to March), winter season (April to August) and post-season (October to December).
MiniRoos Kick-Off in a nutshell:
- Introductory program for children aged between 3 and 9 years old.
- Weekly 45 minute game-based sessions.
- Each child receives an MiniRoos participant pack, which includes a boot bag, football, water bottle and a sticker sheet.
To sign up, select Find a Kick-Off Program when you’re ready to Find a Place to Play.
MiniRoos Club Football is the home of Australia’s largest network of grassroots football clubs, who provide opportunities for boys and girls of all abilities aged between 5 and 11 to play small sided games at the weekend.
Your child can sign up to a local club and join a team for the season where they will make life-long friends and have fun.
- Games continue to be small-sided with modified rules
- Clubs provide coaching sessions and set-up matches in a relaxed environment
- More opportunities to touch the ball and more opportunities to score goals
To find a place to play, please click the Club Football tab and enter your postcode.
Looking for girls football? Girls Only programs allow young girls to build confidence and learn the skills of the game without the added pressure of performing in games against other teams.
These programs are designed to get girls into football, allowing them to share smiles with their friends playing one of the world’s safest sports.
Search for Girls Only sites using the advanced search feature in the Program Locator.
Visit the MiniRoos website for up-to-date resources and activities including: