Reporting to the Manager – Competitions, Clubs and Participation, your primary role will be the delivery of Football Queensland’s NPL, NPLW and FQPL competitions and SAP League. You will also lead a team of people to deliver:
- Q League (multicultural)/SEQ Futsal, Over 35’s etc
- Shared competition services to Member Zones
You will ensure excellence in quality of service, influence, educate, lead and manage a committed team of staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide leadership and administrative expertise to the conduct of all NPL/NPLW and FQPL senior and junior competitions and SAP; including the fixtures, results management, disciplinary and sanction processes, appeals, Player Points System (PPS), finals series and one-off events
- Assist Football Queensland’s Events Manager with the successful delivery of the FFA Cup – Qld match days (round of 32 and any additional advancement matches) and liaise with FFA and clubs and venues
- Assist Football Queensland’s Events Manager with the successful delivery of the NPL/NPLW/FQPL/Q League and Over 35’s final series
- Oversee the establishment and maintain policies and procedures for the effective management of Football Queensland competitions
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required:
- Previous experience in competition management
- Have managed line departments and several staff previously
- Understand and manage large budgets including managing department break downs with line managers
- Have effective oral and written communication skills and convincing management style
- Be able to initiate new relations and have the knowledge of dealing with professional administrators and volunteers
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as part of a team
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to Murray Bird at email@example.com.
Applications close on Wednesday, 22 January 2020.