At Football Queensland we are entering a very exciting time for the game of football. The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 will be hosted by Australia and New Zealand, while the game in Queensland is embarking on an important reform journey, with the opportunity to take football to the next level.
Our vision is for football in Queensland to be united. For football to be the game of choice, for all, for life.
Football Queensland, as the governing body for football in Queensland, exists to develop and grow the game by leading and supporting our clubs, volunteers, coaches, referees and stakeholders to provide exciting, enjoyable experiences for all Queenslanders – anytime, anywhere. Football Queensland also deliver player development pathways and manage the premier football competitions across the state.
Primary Purpose of Role:
In line with our vision, football in Queensland, united. The game of choice, for all, for life. Our strategic purpose is to encourage, engage and inspire all Queenslanders through football. The role of Manager – Participation, Women and Girls is an unique and exciting opportunity to increase participation in Queensland and be part of a legacy that will be en-grained in our footballing culture long after the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023.
Specifically, this role will promote, coordinate, facilitate and assist in the delivery of programs and services within Queensland, with a particular focus on the recruitment and retention of women and girls. The successful applicant will implement and coordinate high quality and sustainable programs to optimise the participation and enjoyment of players, coaches and volunteers through Queensland, with a focus on female participation.
This includes women and girl’s participation specifically in; MiniRoos programs, school programs, diversity programs, summer and social football, club football, walking football and inclusion programs.
This role will develop strategies and build relationships to drive the growth in the number of female (women and girls) participants holistically and is expected to work collaboratively with the Senior Manager – Participation, Clubs and Community as well as the Football Queensland and Football Australia participation teams on all participation initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The manager – Female Participation will be required to:
- Identify participation growth areas – both demographically and geographically
- Manage and coordinate the resources required to deliver programs and initiatives
- Support and build links between schools and clubs and clubs and community
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including Football Australia, Zones and Clubs
- Plan and implement Female Football Week activities
- Coordinate and manage delivery of Football our Way Programs – Kick on and Girls United
- Implement various recruitment initiatives
- Define clear female participation targets in each area (community programs, social and modified formats of football)
- Work closely with Football Queensland/Football Australia participation teams to deliver on participation initiatives including but not limited to: CALD, indigenous, inclusion, walking football, sporting schools and Football Queensland Road trips
- Create a consistent approach to Game Development within Queensland to fulfill the overall participation strategy
Experience and Skills:
To be the right fit for this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Sports Management
- Understanding of football in Queensland, the governance model and Zones
- A clear understanding of the barriers to women and girls in sport
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategies to in crease participation rates
- Ability to create and develop new initiatives to drive participation
- Ability to recognise gaps in the market and identify methods of introduce new programs
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy in the Microsoft Suite, MS Dynamics and Microsoft Systems
- Ability to work unique hours inclusive of weekend and evening work as required
- Ability to undertake domestic travel in delivery of essential job-related activities
- Open driving licence (manual preferred)
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Sports Management or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of the sporting / football industry
A performance and development agreement will outline your KPI’s as well as a skills improvement program. Key Performance Measures will be established with the successful applicant.
Applications must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, consisting of a covering letter and resume.
Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.