[Images: Chris Simpson]
Voting has opened to the public for the NAB Young Footballer of the Year Award with Queensland products Angela Beard and Larissa Crummer both in the running.
Beard, a Logan local, and Sunshine Coast’s Crummer are two of four players in contention for the Westfield W-League’s honour alongside Sydney FC pair Amy Harrison and Princess Ibini.
The public vote will be conducted simultaneously across both Westfield W-League and Hyundai A-League nominees and will carry a 20% weighting. A technical and media panel will account for the remaining 80%.
Crummer spent time at both Noosa Lions and Brisbane-based Peninsula Power before breaking into the Westfield W-League as a 16-year-old.
The now Melbourne City striker earned the first nomination of the campaign back in October and went on to top the competition’s scoring charts.
Beard, who started out as a junior at Bethania Rams and progressed to the Queensland Academy of Sport, received the second nomination of the season in November and capped her season with a call-up to a Westfield Matildas training camp.
“To be in the running for such a prestigious award is a real inspiration not only to me but for all the talented young footballers in the Westfield W-League,” Beard said at the time of her nomination.
All winners will be announced at the Dolan Warren Awards on Tuesday 26 April.
Lodge your vote now at nabyoungfootballer.a-league.com.au.
— Westfield W-League (@WLeague) April 11, 2016