Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association are presenting an Inclusive Sport and Physical Activity workshop on the Sunshine Coast in September as part of the Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program.
The free workshop is for anyone interested or involved with the provision of sporting opportunities that include people with a disability as players, volunteers, coaches, officials or administrators.
The University of the Sunshine Coast will play host to the event on Monday, 26 September.
- Explore attitudes to disability
- Identify ‘disadvantage’ in a sport or physical activity setting and examine a model to overcome it
- Learn how to adapt and modify sport and physical activities to include people of all abilities in a practical session
- Understand disability sport pathways and classification of athletes for competition
- Participate in a disability sport session
To register or for more information, contact Jenny Frowd at Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association on (07) 3253 3333 or via email@example.com.
When: Monday, 26 September 2016
Time: 8.15am (registration) – 3.30pm
Where: University of the Sunshine Coast, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
Register: Contact Jenny Frowd, Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association’s Community Engagement and Education Manager, by Thursday, 8 September
Phone: (07) 3253 3333