The Member Federations join Football Federation Australia (FFA) in welcoming the announcement by FIFA on the terms of reference for a collaborative working group to review football’s representative congress in Australia.
The Congress Review Working Group (CRWG) is to be chaired by an independent chairperson and will comprise the following members:
▪ Football Federation Australia Board: 1 representative
▪ Member Federations: 4 representatives
▪ Australian Professional Football Clubs Association (APFCA): 2 representatives
▪ Professional Footballers Australia (PFA): 1 representative
The Member Federations have nominated the following four (4) representatives:
▪ Football New South Wales
▪ Football Federation South Australia
▪ Football Federation Victoria
▪ Football West
The Member Federations are committed to working with FIFA, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), FFA and all Australian football stakeholders to propose a new composition for the FFA congress which ensures a broader and more balanced representation of stakeholders in line with the requirements of FIFA Statutes.
The CRWG will also consider:
▪ Full participation of women at all levels of football governance;
▪ FFA Board composition and independence;
▪ Pathway for an alternative A-League governance model;
▪ Pathway for other stakeholders to become FFA members, including the possibility of an associate membership; and
▪ The Representation of NPL clubs in football governance structures.
As per the Australia-Congress Review Working Group – Terms of Reference, the CRWG shall conclude its mandate and submit its proposal to FIFA and AFC by 31 July 2018.
Subsequently, the proposal is to be submitted for adoption to a FFA Special General Meeting by no later than 7 September 2018.
The Member Federations extend their sincere appreciation of the efforts and commitment of both FIFA and AFC to Australian football.