Queensland’s five competing clubs in the FFA Cup now know their Round of 32 opponents, following tonight’s draw held at Fox Sports Studios in Sydney.
Cairns FC, Gold Coast Knights, Lions FC and Olympic FC, as well as Queensland’s Hyundai A-League club Brisbane Roar, were among the record number of 772 clubs who entered the FFA Cup 2018 competition.
In a true David vs Goliath battle, Gold Coast Knights, one of 10 clubs making their debuts in the FFA Cup Final Rounds, will host Hyundai A-League grand finalists Newcastle Jets.
Cairns FC will face Armadale SC from Western Australia at home, while National Premier Leagues (NPL) Queensland clubs Lions FC and Olympic FC drew each other in an intriguing Queensland derby.
Brisbane Roar, who have been knocked out of the FFA Cup at the Round of 32 stage for the past three years, will host fellow Hyundai A-League side Melbourne City.
The Round of 32 fixtures will be played over four match nights (Tuesday or Wednesday) between 24 July and 8 August (four matches per night).
Fox Sports will provide a full live broadcast of one match per match night while providing coverage and updates as well as live streaming of all non-broadcast matches.
Full details regarding the Fox Sports broadcast will be announced closer to the start of the Round of 32.
FFA CUP 2018: ROUND OF 32 FIXTURES
- Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners
- Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory
- Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City
- Northcote City FC v Devonport Strikers
- Port Melbourne Sharks v APIA Leichhardt Tigers
- Lions FC v Olympic FC
- Heidelberg United v Charlestown City Blues
- Gwelup Croatia v Adelaide Comets
- Canberra FC v Broadmeadow Magic
- Cairns FC v Armadale SC
- Bonnyrigg White Eagles v Hakoah Sydney City East
- Avondale FC v Marconi Stallions
- Hellenic Athletic v Western Sydney Wanderers
- Gold Coast Knights v Newcastle Jets
- Bentleigh Greens v Wellington Phoenix
- Rockdale City Suns v Sydney FC