Following this week’s announcement of the suspension of grassroots football activity, Football Queensland (FQ) has today confirmed the postponement of a number of state-wide events scheduled for the coming weeks.
The postponement of these events follows the directive from FFA to suspend all sanctioned grassroots football activity until 14 April 2020 in response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- March 22: Level 4 referee courses (Pacific Pines, Cairns, Nerang)
- March 25: Level 4 referee course (Meakin Park)
- March 28: Under 11 & Under 12 Boys SAP state carnival
- March 29: Level 4 referee course (Kingscliff)
- March 29: Level 3 referee course (Gladstone)
- March 30 – April 4: B Licence coaching course (Brisbane)
- March 31: Level 4 referee course (BBC)
- March 31: FQ referee coaching (Meakin Park)
- April 4 & 5: Boys & Girls TSP events involving Far North Queensland, North Queensland, Central Queensland and Mackay
- April 11 & 12: FQ Futsal State Titles
- Weekly FQ referee training sessions (Tuesday at Windsor Park, Thursday at QSAC) until April 14
- All MiniRoos Coaching Certificate courses until April 14
- All Skill Training Certificate courses until April 14
- All Game Training Certificate courses until April 14
- All club development workshops until April 14
Football Queensland can also confirm the postponement of the following state events scheduled to be held close to but outside the current window of suspended football activities.
- April 17 – 19: Girls TSP State Championships (Brisbane)
- April 18 – 24: Senior C Licence coaching course (Cairns)
- April 25 & 26: Girls SAP State Carnival (Brisbane)
- July 6 – July 10: FQ Community Cup
The decision to postpone the above events was based on a number of factors, including:
- national guidelines designed to assist, protect and reduce COVID-19 infection or transmission risks for the football community,
- the uncertainty around football activities returning to their normal daily operations,
- players currently not training or playing and interrupted preparation for state events,
- assisting parents to save costs on regional travel with advanced notice.
Football Queensland and FFA will continue to monitor developments on COVID-19 and provide the football community with updated information as it becomes available.
More information on the rescheduled dates for all postponed events will also be provided when possible.