Queensland’s much-anticipated season restart is drawing closer with all nine zones joining Football Queensland in announcing their season recommencement dates.
Games ranging from the grassroots to the state’s premier competitions are set to resume this month in line with the State Government’s roadmap to easing restrictions, which is now at Stage 3.
“We’ve all been waiting a long time for that first whistle to signal the return of football, and it’s great that we’re almost there,” FQ CEO Robert Cavallucci said.
“I want to again thank all our participants, zones, clubs, administrators and volunteers for their cooperation over the past few months. We wouldn’t be where we are right now without their support.
“We still have a duty to be socially responsible and to follow the Return to Play guidelines with football returning, but the football community in Queensland has done an excellent job in getting the season back up and running.”
While complete schedules are still being formulated, restart dates for competitions spanning the entire state are now available and can be found below.
Please stay tuned to your local zone’s communication channels for updates and amendments.
- 17 July: NPL Women’s U18, U15 & U13
- 17 July: NPL Juniors Boys (U16, U15, U14, U13)
- 24 July: First Grade NPL Men’s, First Grade NPL Women’s, Football Queensland Premier League
- 24 July: NPL Men’s U20 & U18, FQPL U20 & U18
Football Queensland Brisbane
- 17 July: MiniRoos
- 24 July: BPL, BWPL, Capital Leagues, City Leagues, U20, U18, Junior BYPL, Junior Divisionals, Legends
Football Queensland Central
- 10 July: Rockhampton Seniors
- 11 July: CQ Premier League and Gladstone Seniors
- 17 July: Gladstone Junior Competitive
- 18 July: Rockhampton and Gladstone MiniRoos, Rockhampton Junior Competitive, Gladstone Under 12, Biloela, Longreach, Emerald and Capricorn Coast Juniors
Football Queensland Gold Coast
- 10 July: Juniors (U15 to U18)
- 11 July: Juniors (U12 to U14) and MiniRoos
- 15 July: Metro (Men & Women)
- 1 August: Men’s Premier League and Coast League
Football Queensland Mackay
- 10 July: Premier Women, Premier Reserve Women, Men Div 1, Men Div 2
- 11 July: Premier Men, Premier Reserve Men
- 18 July: Juniors (MiniRoos & Competitive)
Football Queensland North (including FNQ)
- 10/11 July: Juniors, Men’s Premier League, Women’s Premier League
Football Queensland North West
- 11 July: Premier Men
- 25 July: Juniors
Football Queensland South West
- 17-19 July: MiniRoos (U6 to U11), Juniors (U12+), Seniors
Football Queensland Sunshine Coast
- 10 July: Premier Women, Premier Reserve Women and Senior Friday night Competitive teams
- 11 July: MiniRoos, Junior Competitive, Premier Men and Premier Reserve Men
Football Queensland Wide Bay
- 17-18 July: All competitions