State Technical Director
The State Technical Director is responsible for all Football Queensland programs in Youth Player Development (boys and girls) and Coach Education endorsed by FFA and in line with FFA National Football Curriculum.
They will be responsible for managing all football technical matters in the state. Our new Technical Director will be sufficiently flexible to cater for any unique needs and circumstances according to Youth Player Development and Coach Education.
Female Participation Officer
The main focus of this role is to increase female participation in Queensland. They will implement high quality, sustainable programs which aim to optimise the participation and enjoyment for female players, coaches and volunteers throughout the state.
Specifically, this role will coordinate and implement programs and services within Queensland, with a particular focus on the recruitment, retention and enhancing the football experience of female participants starting from Mini-Roos up.
This is a customer service focused role that includes interaction with clubs, officials, volunteers and zones. The applicant must be highly organised, have excellent customer service skills and experience in sports administration.
You will work mainly within the National Premier League and Football Queensland Premier League space.
Football Queensland – Statewide
Are you looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland, today!
Place yourself in the middle of the action, where you’ll be able to make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Learn valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work with others.
There are only a few simple steps to take to become a match official:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test.
- Register for the next Level 4 Referee Course. Details about upcoming referee courses can be found here.
- There is a $50 deposit payable to complete the referee course, which will be deducted from your registration fees after completion. Once you’ve completed the course, you will be ready to officiate.
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games.
These games are played at club grounds all over Queensland.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division/level of your match.
For more information, contact your governing football zone.
Football zones contact information can be found here.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Referee course.
Football Queensland is inviting interested and enthusiastic individuals – ideally graduated or final year students studying marketing or a sports marketing-related degree – to apply for internship positions at our head office in Brisbane.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation, development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Support the marketing team with social media campaigns, content planning and scheduling
- Undertake market research as required (industry and category)
- Draft sponsorship proposals as required
- Monitor and report departmental KPIs and campaign metrics
- Support the team with fan and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Scope and report potential new marketing opportunities
- Assist with game day marketing activities
Weekly hours and internship length can be negotiated to suit your study commitments and/or placement requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of football in Queensland, please email a CV and cover letter to Yanith Rajdev, Football Queensland’s Marketing and Media Coordinator via YanithR@footballqueensland.com.au.