Parts of Queensland will move into Stage 3 restrictions in line with the rest of the state from 4pm today, Friday 8 October following this morning’s update from Queensland Government regarding the easing of restrictions.
The following Local Government Areas (LGAs) will move from Stage 2 to Stage 3 restrictions from 4pm: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Palm Island and Townsville (including Magnetic Island).
Queensland clubs are advised that community sport can continue in full in these areas in line with the below restrictions.
Stadiums and indoor and outdoor events
- 100% allocated seated and ticketed for stadiums
- Patrons must wear a mask at all times when standing, moving around, and when entering and exiting. (Stadiums: for SEQ and North Queensland Stadium only).
- 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity for indoor events or 1 person per 2 square metres indoors.
- No restrictions on outdoor events, however you are encouraged to wear a mask when you are unable to physically distance.
- Ticketed venues: 100% capacity with allocated seating (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas, indoor sports, universities and other higher education institutions).
- Community sport: No restrictions.
Participants in South East Queensland are required to carry a mask at all times and wear it as per the below.
- Outdoors: you must wear a mask when unable to stay 1.5m apart from people who are not part of your household.
- Indoors: you must wear a mask in indoor spaces (including workplaces, but not your own home) unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5m apart from other people. This includes cafes, restaurants, pubs etc. unless eating or drinking, seated or standing.
Participants in other parts of the state are encouraged to carry and wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.